Oh My Shoulders
On My Shoulders
Thursday March 2, 5:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.
Use 7th Street Entrance
Program will be co-facilitated by Glen Moore
On My Shoulders is a unique, interactive curriculum designed to equip participants (men/fathers) with the skills for healthy relationships, especially with their children—whether their role is custodial or non-custodial. This curriculum is NOT about focusing on the deficits of men, but rather understanding their barriers and providing possible solutions.
The primary objectives are for participants of OMS to:
- Be intentional about the decisions made in key relationships.
- Recognize and practice expressing gratitude as a building block of happiness.
- Understand the role that personality plays in relationships.
- Learn coping techniques to manage stress and anger.
- Replace communication danger signs with proactive strategies.
- Practice respectful, assertive communication and listening skills.
- Understand the importance of commitment.
This program is a joint venture supported by The Children's Advocacy Center of Guernsey County, ForeverDads Center for Fathers & Families and the Ohio Commission on Fatherhood.
Space is limited, register online or call ForeverDads Center for Fathers & Families office at 740.453.1323.
Lead Facilitator - Steve Helton shares his fatherhood thoughts
These services are available to all eligible persons, regardless of race, gender, age, disability, or religion.
Please pass this on to your family, friends and co-workers. This program is made possible through funding provided by the Ohio Responsible Fatherhood Grant, an approved funded program of the Ohio Commission on Fatherhood, managed by ForeverDads Center for Fathers & Families.