ForeverDads Awarded Two Year Grant from the Ohio Commission on Fatherhood
Zanesville, OH – ForeverDads, the Center for Fathers and Families, was awarded a $260,000 two year grant from the Ohio Commission on Fatherhood (OCF) to primarily serve low income, non-custodial fathers who are unemployed or under-employed and lack healthy fathering and relationship skills as part of the ComeUNITY Project. However, fathers from all walks of life have benefited from this programming.
This project will provide a variety of parenting skill development programs, case management services, and father/family strengthening activities as part of a framework to re-engage fathers and their families – providing positive outcomes to residents of Muskingum, Morgan, and Perry Counties.
Burl Lemon, Executive Director of ForeverDads, said, “Some of the Programs and Services funded by this grant are:
- Boot Camp for New Dads, preparing expectant fathers for fatherhood (community funding will provide for Boot Camp for New Moms)
- Fathering in 15, which equips fathers with the skills for healthy relationships and co-parenting
- Nurturing Fathers for Life, teaching positive parenting and relationship skills
- Inside Out DAD, providing parenting assistance to incarcerated fathers so they are prepared for reconnection upon release
- Survival Skills for Healthy Families, providing practical guidelines for healthy family interactions and bringing together new ways of living and working together
- Employment Navigation to training, career counseling, and adult educational opportunities
- Relationship Smarts PLUS (includes Restorative Justice focus), helping teens develop lifestyle tools for choice and practices
“We could not be more excited that the Ohio Commission on Fatherhood is supporting our efforts to strengthen families in southeastern Ohio.”
The two-year grant, funded through the ODJFS on behalf of the Ohio Commission on Fatherhood, is intended to promote Responsible Fatherhood and encourage Father engagement with their families.
For more information call (740)453-1323 or go to www.foreverdads.com.