Celebrating EVERYDAY Dads
Boys are not born with fathering skills. Within every young man lies the potential of exceptional fatherhood, but these skills must be demonstrated to be learned. At ForeverDads, our goal is to strengthen the greater Zanesville community to become a place that provides our sons with the resources and role models necessary to become loving, nurturing, responsible fathers.
We believe the work that we do is vitally important. The health of our community requires good fathers. The strength of our nation requires good fathers. But most importantly, the future of our children requires good fathers.
Our goals are grand but our work is practical. ForeverDads designs and manages programming to encourage, educate and equip men to develop positive relationships with their children, family and community.
The Year of Everyday Dads
ForeverDads encourages, educates and equips men to develop positive relationships with their children, family and community.
ForeverDads will be a driving force in the community for the development of healthy families; transforming the lives of men as fathers to be full partners in raising their children.
ForeverDads Core Values
We believe that fatherhood is an honor, a privilege and a lifetime commitment.
We believe that fathers matter to the Zanesville-Muskingum County community.
We believe equipping and supporting men to be responsible fathers reduces father absence and increases father engagement with children and families.
We believe that when fatherhood and parenting are strengthened, the community is strengthened.
We believe that faith is a significant factor in community and family well-being.
We believe that we must be accountable to stakeholders in order to build trust, gain confidence and promote community investment.
ForeverDads is involved in a number of services to families and to the community. View our resource guide to learn more (PDF).
- Support & advocacy for all dads (new dads, stepfathers, divorced men, grandfathers ... all dads)
- Offer Nurturing Fathers Support Groups
- Bridge Community Resource, Create Connections
- Interview for Individual & Family Counseling Referral
- Provide Employment Training and Development
- Distribute the Dads Resource Guide and other informational materials
- Create the Importance of Father Presence Public Awareness Campaigns
- Promote Ways to make Organizations and Employment Environments Father-Friendly
- Sponsor Relationship Building programs throughout our Schools and Faith-based organizations
- Promote Fatherhood Celebrations, Strengthening Families
A Community's Call to Action -
View how your community can develop a fatherhood initiative and make a difference. Watch Turning Hearts - Fathers to their children (YouTube)